Website terms and conditions of supply
These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of Products to you (Contract). Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before ordering any Products from our site. Please note that before placing an order you will be asked to agree to these Terms.
Please click on the button marked “I Accept” at the end of these Terms if you accept them. If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to order any Products from our site.
You should print a copy of these Terms or save them to your computer for future reference.
We amend these Terms from time to time as set out in clause 8. Every time you wish to order Products, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time. These Terms were most recently updated on 8th January 2018. These Terms and any Contract between us are only in the English language.
- INFORMATION ABOUT US
- We operate the website www.futurlab.co.uk/shop We are Futurlab Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 04961083 and whose registered office is at Futurlab Limited, Preston Park House, South Road, Brighton, East Sussex, England BN1 6SB]. Our main trading address is Futurlab Limited, 8th Floor, Intergen House, 65-67 Western Road, Hove, East Sussex, England. Our VAT number is GB 831 2213 76.
- To contact us, please see our Contact Us page www.futurlab.co.uk/contact
- OUR PRODUCTS
- The images of the Products on our site are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer’s display of the colours accurately reflect the colour of the Products. Your Products may vary slightly from those images.
- Although we have made every effort to be as accurate as possible, all sizes, weights, capacities, dimensions and measurements indicated on our site may be subject to minor variation
- The packaging of the Products may vary from that shown on images on our site.
- All Products shown on our site are subject to availability. We will inform you by e-mail as soon as possible if the Product you have ordered is not available and we will not process your order if made.
- CONSUMER STATUS AND RIGHTS
- You may only purchase Products from our site if you are at least 18 years old.
- As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Terms will affect these legal rights.
- HOW THE CONTRACT IS FORMED BETWEEN YOU AND US
- For the steps you need to take to place an order on our site, please see our Shop FAQs page. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order on each page of the order process.
- After you place an order, you will receive an email from us acknowledging that we have received your order. However, please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Our acceptance of your order will take place as described in clause 4.4.
- We will confirm our acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the Products have been dispatched (Dispatch Confirmation). The Contract between us will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
- If we are unable to supply you with a Product, for example, because that Product is not in stock or no longer available or because of an error in the price on our site as referred to in clause 10.5, we will inform you of this by e-mail and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the Products, we will refund you the full amount as soon as possible.
- OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS
- We may revise these Terms from time to time in the following circumstances:
(a) changes in how we accept payment from you;
(b) changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
(c) any factual or organisational changes that affect these Terms
- Every time you order Products from us, the Terms in force at that time will apply to the Contract between you and us.
- Whenever we revise these Terms in accordance with this clause 5, we will keep you informed and give you notice of this by stating that these Terms have been amended and the relevant date at the top of this page.
- We may revise these Terms from time to time in the following circumstances:
- YOUR CANCELLATION AND REFUND RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER
- If you are a consumer, you have a legal right to cancel a Contract under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013) during the period set out below in clause 6.3. This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or for any other reason you decide you do not want to keep a Product, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the Contract and receive a refund. Advice about your legal right to cancel the Contract is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- However, this cancellation right does not apply in the case of:
(a) any made-to-measure or custom-made products;
(b) newspapers, periodicals or magazines;
(c) perishable goods, such as food or drinks;
(d) software, DVDs or CDs which have a security seal which you have opened or unsealed
- Your legal right to cancel a Contract starts from the date of the Dispatch Confirmation, which is when the Contract between us is formed. If the Products have already been delivered to you, you have a period of Fourteen (14) calendar days in which you may cancel, starting from the day after the day you receive the Products. Working days means that Saturdays, Sundays or public holidays are not included in this period.
- To cancel a Contract, you must contact us in writing by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a letter to Futurlab Limited, 8th Floor, Intergen House, 65-67 Western Road, Hove, East Sussex, England. You may wish to keep a copy of your cancellation notification for your own records.
- You will receive a full refund of the price you paid for the Products and any applicable delivery charges you paid for. We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 calendar days of the day on which you gave us notice of cancellation as described in clause 6.6. If you returned the Products to us because they were faulty or misdescribed, please see clause 6.6.
- If you have returned the Products to us under this clause 6 because they are faulty or misdescribed, we will refund the price of a defective Product in full, any applicable delivery charges, and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to us.
- We refund you on the credit card or debit card used by you to pay.
- If the Products were delivered to you:
(a) you must return the Products to us as soon as reasonably practicable;
(b) unless the Products are faulty or not as described (in this case, see clause 9.6), you will be responsible for the cost of returning the Products to us;
(c) you have a legal obligation to keep the Products in your possession and to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession.
- Details of your legal right to cancel and an explanation of how to exercise it are provided in the Dispatch Confirmation.
- As a consumer, you will always have legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. These legal rights are not affected by the returns policy in this clause 9 or these Terms. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- Your order will be fulfilled by the estimated delivery date set out in the Dispatch Confirmation, unless there is an Event Outside Our Control. If we are unable to meet the estimated delivery date because of an Event Outside Our Control, we will contact you with a revised estimated delivery date.
- Delivery will be completed when we deliver the Products to the address you gave us.
- The Products will be your responsibility from the completion of delivery.
- You own the Products once we have received payment in full, including all applicable delivery charges.
- INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY
- We deliver to the countries listed on the FAQ (International Delivery Destinations). However there are restrictions on some Products for certain International Delivery Destinations, so please review the information on that page carefully before ordering Products.
- If you order Products from our site for delivery to one of the International Delivery Destinations, your order may be subject to import duties and taxes which are applied when the delivery reaches that destination. Please note that we have no control over these charges and we cannot predict their amount.
- You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
- You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Products are destined. We will not be liable or responsible if you break any such law.
- PRICE OF PRODUCTS AND DELIVERY CHARGES
- The prices of the Products will be as quoted on our site from time to time. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices of Products are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. However if we discover an error in the price of Product(s) you ordered, please see clause 9.5 for what happens in this event.
- Prices for our Products may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order which we have confirmed with a Dispatch Confirmation.
- The price of a Product includes VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in the UK for the time being. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for the Products in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
- The price of a Product does not include delivery charges. Our delivery charges are as quoted on our site from time to time. To check relevant delivery charges, please refer to our Delivery Charges on the FAQ.
- It is always possible that, despite our reasonable efforts, some of the Products on our site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that:
(a) where the Product’s correct price is less than the price stated on our site, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the Products to you. However, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mispricing, we do not have to provide the Products to you at the incorrect (lower) price; and
(b) if the Product’s correct price is higher than the price stated on our site, we will contact you [in writing] as soon as possible to inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the Product at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing.
- HOW TO PAY
- You can only pay for Products using PayPal. Payment for the Products and all applicable delivery charges is in advance.
- OUR LIABILITY TO CONSUMERS
- If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if they were an obvious consequence of our breach or if they were contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into the Contract.
- We only supply the Products for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the product for any commercial, business or re-sale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for:
(a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
(b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
(c) any breach of relevant terms implied by the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (including that goods must be of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and as described).
- EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An Event Outside Our Control is defined below in clause 12.2
- An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control[, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks [or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport].
- If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract:
(a) we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
(b) our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of Products to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
- COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN US
- When we refer, in these Terms, to “in writing”, this will include e-mail.
- If you wish to contact us in writing, or if any clause in these Terms requires you to give us notice in writing, you can send this to us by e-mail at [ ]or by pre-paid post to Futurlab Limited at Futurlab Limited, 8th Floor, Intergen House, 65-67 Western Road, Hove, East Sussex, England and/or email@example.com. We will confirm receipt of this by contacting you in writing, normally by e-mail. If you are a consumer and exercising your right to cancel under clause 9, please see that clause 9 for how to tell us this.
- If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by e-mail or by pre-paid post to the address you provide to us in your order.
- If you are a business, please note that any notice given by you to us, or by us to you, will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail, that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
- OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms.
- You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing.
- This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- If you are a consumer, please note that these Terms are governed by English law. This means a Contract for the purchase of Products through our site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. You and we both agree to that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
- We will not file a copy of the Contract between us.